Monday, April 14, 2008 By Aaron Brown
TOP RECENT POSTS
UPDATE: The Duluth News Tribune confirms the report , interviewing new owner Jessica Antonovich and chef Patrick Berg. Berg was mentored b...
This is my Sunday column for the May 19, 2013 edition of the Hibbing Daily Tribune . I'll be revealing more about Tom Page's Dylan s...
All told, I don't think you'll find a more interesting combination of legislative races than in the new District 5 in northern Min...
Two weeks ago, the highway sign for the Grand Rapids, Minnesota, Unitarian Universalist Chapel on Highway 169 broke. Two weeks later, this i...
Bob Dylan's northern Minnesota heritage is in no doubt , but invariably there are squabbles over who really gets to claim Dylan. He w...
This Lapham's Quarterly graphic clarifies the nine circles of Hell as depicted in Dante's Inferno. ("Abandon All Hope, You W...
- ► 2012 (531)
- ► 2011 (527)
- ► 2010 (389)
- ► 2009 (649)
- The magic number is 22%
- Minnesota is Mullet Country
- Taking requests: Bob Dylan Fudge Bars
- Creature Comforts is back ... on cable
- Franken handles tax situation with perfect P.R.
- Governor signs miners' health study funding bill
- "Good Morning Northland" now hosted by Jim, Pam fr...
- Souls of future candidates at stake in Democratic ...
- Wide open spaces (will build to suit)
- Political blogs at the Minnesota Capitol
- May 8 PUC meeting could reveal fate of Mesaba boon...
- Losing mind, one child at a time
- Overheard at Senate District 3's endorsing convent...
- 48 hour media blitz
- Sertich's take on state budget fix
- Snow no
- Controversial one-eared bear dies
- Brown on the Air: Parties!
- Update: 4A endorsement race
- Updated: Persell to join 4A hunt
- Pop a top to get through another month
- Folstrom out first in 4A DFL race
- Hey Pennsylvania relatives, please end this
- Hometown Focus to start weekly newspaper
- Range town PUC considers abandoning coal for alter...
- Dylan Days stokes literary flames on the Iron Rang...
- MinnesotaBrown featured in 'Politics in Minnesota'...
- Rangers polled on bitterness, result: bitterish
- A game changing announcement in Bemidji
- Smoking ban aftermath: Duluth bars holding on
- Newseum shows that in journalism, puns reign supre...
- The world needs more Jerry Springer
- Range women's leadership initiative discussed in S...
- T-Paw warming up to Iron Range
- Brown on the Air: Eyesores
- BS Factory will stop at nothing
- Governor to sign Iron Range health study bill
- Debate analysis: Media hungry! Media feed!
- Minnesota Steel groundbreaking delayed
- JNP trying to poach Range area Franken delegates
- Tuesday's Range headlines
- 7 random things
- Dylan's Pulitzer montage
- Corn is for eating
- What my TV told me this morning...
- Too many Thomas videos
- Blight Me: the unique aesthetics of the Iron Range...
- Pawlenty vs. Range battle running hotter
- Coal gas boondoggle circling the drain
- Enjoy these fine Range blogs
- Snow Day Roundup
- Brown (not) on the Air: Join KAXE!
- Pawlenty fails to understand Iron Range, again
- Guessing about 2010
- Thank you, sir, may I have another?
- Ore chasing
- The few, the proud, the 'flame attendants'
- Denny Anderson faces health issues
- You say biofuel, I say moonshine!
- CBS/CNN deal would further blur media lines
- Pawlenty's bonding vetoes bring mixed bag for Nort...
- Iron Ranger wins Pulitzer Prize
- Snow Day!
- Four Days in Denver
- Rural electric cooperative, don't fail me now!
- Pre-spring warm-up
- Former Sen. Dayton shows big heart on the Range
- Brown on the Air: Greatest Dog Moments
- Nashwauk steel plant still 'go for launch'
- UPDATE: Minnesota moves up wind power rankings
- The future of small town media in 1,000 words
- Over at MNBlue today...
- Oh, those Wednesdays
- Oberstar awaits nameless opponent in 2008
- Minnesota bonding bill: "Deal or No Deal?"
- Ventura U.S. Senate speculation
- ▼ April (76)
READ MY BOOK: OVERBURDEN
"Overburden: Modern Life on the Iron Range," uses humor and history to explore the unique region surrounding Minnesota's Iron Range. Read the reviews and learn more about this winner of the Northeastern Minnesota Book Award. Find it at your local bookstore or order a copy online at Amazon or Barnes and Noble.