Thursday, July 03, 2008 By Aaron Brown
TOP RECENT POSTS
All told, I don't think you'll find a more interesting combination of legislative races than in the new District 5 in northern Min...
Earlier I reported that Minnesota Secretary of State Mark Ritchie (DFL) would not seek re-election in 2014 . I speculated that because this ...
News just broke that Bob Dylan will return to his birthplace of Duluth to play at Bayfront Festival Park on July 9. WDIO reports : An an...
This Lapham's Quarterly graphic clarifies the nine circles of Hell as depicted in Dante's Inferno. ("Abandon All Hope, You W...
The Henry B. Smith, from YooperSteez.com If you missed it, Andrew Krueger at the Duluth News Tribune had a fascinating Sunday feature ...
A few weeks ago I wrote about " Axe Giant: The Wrath of Paul Bunyan ." I found the concept of a Paul Bunyan horror film to be q...
- ► 2012 (531)
- ► 2011 (527)
- ► 2010 (389)
- ► 2009 (649)
- Apparently it will take two random bridge collapse...
- FiberNet pulls plug on the Range; now what?
- Good times rolling on the Range ... for some
- 'Those mobster ads' and why union choice issue rea...
- Extreme American Housing Sector Crisis
- The Timmy Factor
- Oh, I've been to this meeting ...
- Union outreach aims to hold Democratic line for Ob...
- Breaking down data in the Fightin' 8th
- Pray for my phone, as it hovers near death
- Check out my tundra pals!
- Global resove vs. grocery shenanigans
- Sunday's Iron Range news roundup
- Rummage sale memories
- Rock the grid with your home turbine
- A dose of intrigue in Range House races
- Itasca DFL kicks off major effort on Wednesday
- Building trades officially "encourage" Bakk to run...
- Brown on the Air: PIE!
- Generations, Part 3; Times a' Changin' on the Iron...
- All's well in the potica biz
- Cliffs plans biofuel-driven cleanup of Range mine ...
- Essar restates desire to turn shovels soon on Minn...
- Generations Part 2; the SNL divide
- KSTP still crusin' for a bruisin' on the Range
- On the road...
- Generations, Part 1: Win or Lose, the Obama Era ha...
- Cliffs announces $100 million upgrade to Eveleth p...
- This one is for the awards
- Forums set for Duluth House race
- Kicking off a new week with a new look
- OKC Thunder? Not OK
- Textistential Crisis
- New design ongoing: be patient
- Retiring Jaros endorses Stenersen in Duluth's 7B
- OLA to release Excelsior Energy loan report
- The real story behind Iron Range mining taxes
- FiberNet's Waterloo
- Obama campaign opens Duluth HQ
- Taconite Ridge wind farm almost at full power
- KSTP sticking to story
- Al Gore and the way it's gonna be
- Brown on the Air: Mississippi River Festival
- The online frontier
- Iron Range Resources board hung up on budget
- Cleveland Cliffs: "Mmm ... coal"
- Duluth, Range races set
- All Star Tuesday!
- All pucked up
- Manageable U.S. Senate race wackiness
- Now to matters of importance ...
- Range lawmakers decry KSTP story
- Filing tidbits
- Cummins endorsed as Oberstar's GOP opponent
- Cliffs now sole owner of Eveleth mine facility
- Local media picks up on Ironworld/KSTP flap
- 'One crisis begets another'
- Thanks, readers!
- Post-outage links!
- Who will win? Who will vote?
- A little less hooey, a little more Huey: the colum...
- Ventura to announce plans Monday
- Cummins announces run for Congress against Obersta...
- Moped Madness
- Grand Rapids L and M to move into old Wal-Mart
- More on the northern GOP's Congressional conundrum...
- Maryland files for 7B House seat
- No DFL endorsement in shortened House 7B primary
- Twin Ports daily chopped down to twice weekly
- Change we can blog in
- Brown on the Air: Retirement
- Lack of consensus in GOP pick for 8th CD
- Star Trib: Core cities grow, outer suburbs slow
- Ventura Watch, continued
- These bills!
- SOURCE: Cummins to challenge Oberstar
- Oberstar's opponent?
- The Ventura watch
- Make plans for cool July 19 music event in norther...
- Another 7B update: Brandon Clokey plans serious ch...
- Minnesota Power to run on anchor power
- The pet owner vote
- Go to hell, KSTP
- Range school woes like canaries in the coal mine
- Just deal with the scary flood pit already!
- For sale, cheep!
- More on Reinert in House 7B race
- Two perspectives on an Iron Range Wal-Mart protest...
- Iron Ranger profiled in Star Tribune
- The 'Wall-E' election
- After the Fourth
- We must never speak of this again
- Happy Fourth from MinnesotaBrown and the Muppets!
- Derbis enters 7B race in West Duluth
- KSTP readies hit piece on Iron Range landmark
- Corrections to Franken parade post
- Brown on the Air: Favorite Cars
- Franken to appear on Iron Range for 4th of July, R...
- Happy Birthday, Doug and George!
- MinnPost: Oberstar doesn't rule out Cabinet positi...
- First day filers
- Holiday week means take it easy, blogosphere
- ▼ July (102)
READ MY BOOK: OVERBURDEN
"Overburden: Modern Life on the Iron Range," uses humor and history to explore the unique region surrounding Minnesota's Iron Range. Read the reviews and learn more about this winner of the Northeastern Minnesota Book Award. Find it at your local bookstore or order a copy online at Amazon or Barnes and Noble.