Friday, September 12, 2008 By Aaron Brown
TOP RECENT POSTS
UPDATE: The Duluth News Tribune confirms the report , interviewing new owner Jessica Antonovich and chef Patrick Berg. Berg was mentored b...
All told, I don't think you'll find a more interesting combination of legislative races than in the new District 5 in northern Min...
Two weeks ago, the highway sign for the Grand Rapids, Minnesota, Unitarian Universalist Chapel on Highway 169 broke. Two weeks later, this i...
Bob Dylan's northern Minnesota heritage is in no doubt , but invariably there are squabbles over who really gets to claim Dylan. He w...
This Lapham's Quarterly graphic clarifies the nine circles of Hell as depicted in Dante's Inferno. ("Abandon All Hope, You W...
Last Thursday, the Star Tribune ran a Paul McEnroe story about allegations of neglect at the Hillcrest assisted living facility in Chisho...
- ► 2012 (531)
- ► 2011 (527)
- ► 2010 (389)
- ► 2009 (649)
- No joy in Mudville
- Oberstar announces grant to advance Duluth to Minn...
- Supply and demand: why the markets matter (jn Twin...
- Say it ain't so, Doug: Veteran DFLer endorses Cole...
- Anzelc demands response to Iron Range lobbying com...
- Minnesota (hearts) Detroit
- In the basement with Bob Dylan's English teacher
- COLUMN: A bad idea that got way too big
- Meantime, in space
- A good debate
- The winner of the debate is ...
- Debate is on
- Brown on the Air: WINTER READY?
- We will quite possibly rock you!
- A gathering storm over a bad idea that got big (UP...
- OLA report is out; more to come
- Following up on Otto visit to Hibbing for Obama pr...
- 'Cost of War' press event highlights strong argume...
- Iron Range Resources OKs infrastructure projects, ...
- Extrapolating story from census data? Typical.
- Range 'Cost of War' event aims to show how the big...
- Keep the Range school 'boom' in perspective
- Super secret sneak preview copies available for 'O...
- Barkely a factor, or maybe not, but probably for s...
- OMG! Cheerleaders! UPDATED
- Range coal/gas project to face Waterloo-like condi...
- The Times chimes in on Essar Steel Minnesota
- The stadium name game
- Election Night salve: Dylan at the U
- Essar Minnesota highlights huge day for the Iron R...
- Racial views bubble up in national poll
- 'Overburden' has arrived
- 500? Maybe more ... (UPDATED x3)
- Duluth paper announces layoffs
- Brown on the Air: SUSTAINABILITY!
- The hazards of an ownership society
- Minnesota Steel groundbreaking approaches
- The Downtown Dilemma
- Keep it in the family, Joe
- More sportsman shenanigans
- Massive new Iron Range steel project to break grou...
- Debate success is only way out of the fog
- Target Field
- Hey ... this bank stuff sounds kinda important
- &$#@&! Best. Norm ad. Ever.
- The Hay Days
- Cliffs merger update
- Dispatch from Heartland Tour's Range stop
- A new era to begin next week
- Glass ceiling? Up north, you betcha'
- Brown on the Air: GETTING LOST
- Minnesota Steel update from BizNorth
- Heartland tour reaches Range on Friday
- Cliffs invests in biomass fuels on the Range
- Ferguson unites common sense and patriotism in ele...
- Countdown toward Minnesota Steel reality enters si...
- In other news ...
- What Reinert's 7B win means
- LIVEBLOG: Duluth's 7B showdown
- LIVEBLOG: The Iron Range's 5B smackdown
- Go vote!
- Oh Lord! MDN hijinks continue
- Super Steel Tuesday on the Range
- Last call: 7B DFL primary goes to the wire
- Highway 7 re-revisited
- Rukavina suggests IRR budget fight should go south...
- Obama camp trying new approach with heartland tour...
- Take two on the questions column
- 270 to win
- Range mining project has private investor
- Derbis officially drops from 7B race
- 7B DFL PRIMARY FOCUS: Marsh Stenersen
- Brown on the Air: FRIENDS
- Iron Range on Rove's radar
- 7B DFL PRIMARY FOCUS: Roger Reinert
- Culture wars
- Here's what you find in Range area online classifi...
- 7B weekend battle begins for DFL primary candidate...
- 7B DFL PRIMARY FOCUS: Daniel Maryland
- 7B DFL PRIMARY FOCUS: John Derbis
- Ventura hints at 2012 run during Ron Paul event
- GOP up north: yesterday and tomorrow
- 7B DFL PRIMARY FOCUS: Brandon Clokey
- Heffernan is back, with book and blog
- Movie voiceover guy was from Duluth
- From Farmers' Day to the week ahead
- Range mine strike averted
- ▼ September (87)
READ MY BOOK: OVERBURDEN
"Overburden: Modern Life on the Iron Range," uses humor and history to explore the unique region surrounding Minnesota's Iron Range. Read the reviews and learn more about this winner of the Northeastern Minnesota Book Award. Find it at your local bookstore or order a copy online at Amazon or Barnes and Noble.