Wednesday, November 19, 2008 By Aaron Brown
TOP RECENT POSTS
UPDATE: The Duluth News Tribune confirms the report , interviewing new owner Jessica Antonovich and chef Patrick Berg. Berg was mentored b...
This is my Sunday column for the May 19, 2013 edition of the Hibbing Daily Tribune . I'll be revealing more about Tom Page's Dylan s...
All told, I don't think you'll find a more interesting combination of legislative races than in the new District 5 in northern Min...
Two weeks ago, the highway sign for the Grand Rapids, Minnesota, Unitarian Universalist Chapel on Highway 169 broke. Two weeks later, this i...
Bob Dylan's northern Minnesota heritage is in no doubt , but invariably there are squabbles over who really gets to claim Dylan. He w...
This Lapham's Quarterly graphic clarifies the nine circles of Hell as depicted in Dante's Inferno. ("Abandon All Hope, You W...
- ► 2012 (531)
- ► 2011 (527)
- ► 2010 (389)
- ► 2009 (649)
- The warm, yet difficult, business of friendship
- West Side Story
- Oberstar denies cabinet rumors
- Brown on the Air: BIG CITY
- Happy Thanksgiving!
- Agency: huge Iron Range steel project still on tra...
- Thank you, Ely
- I'm holding up a piece of paper that says 'UNION'
- 'Overburden' tour reaches the gates of the Boundar...
- Naked emperor just keeps on chooglin'
- From a Blue fall to Purple times
- 'Overburden' tour explores northern edge of the Ir...
- Boondoggle Monday
- The Irv Era
- Conservation leads to drop in electricity use; imp...
- Into the den of girl clothes
- Up north, the front line in the battle over 'new' ...
- On hockey and the Iron Range's real problems
- DNT editorial roughs up commissioners
- Brown(s) on the Air: GIFTS
- Thank you, Gilbert
- The thick blue line
- Last reminder to head for Gilbert tonight
- Alaska's new senator takes an Iron Range name to D...
- Hot book action in Gilbert tonight! Be there!
- Cliffs coal merger is off
- East Range mining rumble coming to St. Paul
- Obama win may mean faster rural internet... in the...
- Irv Anderson dies; Northland mourns
- At least they didn't try to hug
- Iron Range agency adds blog
- Poor is the new rich
- Paul Thissen: The MinnesotaBrown interview
- You win this round ...
- Fast cattle: the problem with deer
- Coming up at MinnesotaBrown
- Brown on the Air: DEER!
- MinnesotaBrown on the Twin Cities airwaves
- I love you, Duluth!
- Facebook 'splosion
- Chinese economic plan could indirectly aid Iron Ra...
- See me, hear me, but don't touch me
- Welcome Good Morning Northland viewers
- On transportation, punditry and vultures
- Fur stank
- Wednesday, Wednesday, Wednesday! First book event ...
- What a child sees, remains
- Heading up to the shack...
- 100-plus layoffs likely at Range mine; more to com...
- Range towns continue to heighten drama in Franken/...
- Still jonesing for some red/blue maps? Check this ...
- Brown on the Air: TEACHERS
- Cliffs prepares for layoffs on the Iron Range
- The coolest city administrator ever
- Oh, Buhl
- Landslide Country: A look back at 2008 legislative...
- Revisiting the seven precincts on the Iron Range; ...
- Iron Range DFL wall holds for Obama
- After hours
- YES. We. Can.
- Tracking the results (Thanks, MPR!)
- 'Can I get a witness?' and other turnout tales
- The Iron Range votes
- Layoffs averted at Eveleth mine
- Election Day on the Iron Range
- Seven Iron Range precincts that could decide the e...
- 4A, 4B, 12A: not just random numbers and letters a...
- The joy of context
- Thoughts and prayers to Mike
- Northland papers defend against Red Menace; Huzzah...
- Era of awkward disagreement to end soon (we hope)
- New potential for rural high speed internet
- Another take on Coleman and the Range
- Norm's Range plan, and why it's half baked
- ▼ November (76)
READ MY BOOK: OVERBURDEN
"Overburden: Modern Life on the Iron Range," uses humor and history to explore the unique region surrounding Minnesota's Iron Range. Read the reviews and learn more about this winner of the Northeastern Minnesota Book Award. Find it at your local bookstore or order a copy online at Amazon or Barnes and Noble.