Monday, January 16, 2012 By Aaron Brown
TOP RECENT POSTS
UPDATE: The Duluth News Tribune confirms the report , interviewing new owner Jessica Antonovich and chef Patrick Berg. Berg was mentored b...
All told, I don't think you'll find a more interesting combination of legislative races than in the new District 5 in northern Min...
Two weeks ago, the highway sign for the Grand Rapids, Minnesota, Unitarian Universalist Chapel on Highway 169 broke. Two weeks later, this i...
This Lapham's Quarterly graphic clarifies the nine circles of Hell as depicted in Dante's Inferno. ("Abandon All Hope, You W...
Bob Dylan's northern Minnesota heritage is in no doubt , but invariably there are squabbles over who really gets to claim Dylan. He w...
Last Thursday, the Star Tribune ran a Paul McEnroe story about allegations of neglect at the Hillcrest assisted living facility in Chisho...
- Have I mentioned the junkyard before?
- "Time Between Trains" rides new rails
- Jeff Anderson: the MinnesotaBrown/KAXE interview
- COLUMN: To-do or not to-do: a life of lists
- Blogging from a 'man camp'
- More MN-8 candidate interviews on the way
- Superior vs. the Range: Business North explores Ma...
- Cravaack pens op/ed on Range mining permits
- Rick Nolan: the MinnesotaBrown/KAXE interview
- Magnetation mulls Northland pellet plant
- Young thespians add heat (hot air?) to January air...
- Anzelc introduces bill demanding IRRRB loan transp...
- Dylan Days in Hibbing calls for poems, stories
- The cold touch of metal, the language of machines
- COLUMN: Good things come in fives
- Ready the horses; MN-8 charge to begin
- Keep the internet free
- The MinnesotaBrown MN-8 interviews begin Wednesday...
- Dog Have Mercy: Beargrease cancelled
- COLUMN: A toilet story
- Brown on the Air: ENOUGH!
- Beating the bumps in an Iron Range mining boom
- KSTP "On the Road" features Sunrise Deli
- Minnesota Moments features state "place" blogs, in...
- Dust in the wind ... public meeting on dust in the...
- Zenith City's Hipster King Speaks Fire from Podium...
- This January heat is a killer
- COLUMN: Occupy Language - Top words from 2011
- Brown on the Air: FITNESS!
- Kicking our habit: The trouble with politics in ou...
- Humans vs. ore: a modern retelling
- Fanning withdraws from MN-8 race
- DM&IR is no more
- Cool new nicknames for Iron Range cities
- COLUMN: Time to delve into '12
- ▼ January (36)
- ► 2011 (527)
- ► 2010 (389)
- ► 2009 (649)
- ► 2008 (950)
READ MY BOOK: OVERBURDEN
"Overburden: Modern Life on the Iron Range," uses humor and history to explore the unique region surrounding Minnesota's Iron Range. Read the reviews and learn more about this winner of the Northeastern Minnesota Book Award. Find it at your local bookstore or order a copy online at Amazon or Barnes and Noble.