Friday, May 18, 2012 By Aaron Brown
TOP RECENT POSTS
UPDATE: The Duluth News Tribune confirms the report , interviewing new owner Jessica Antonovich and chef Patrick Berg. Berg was mentored b...
This is my Sunday column for the May 19, 2013 edition of the Hibbing Daily Tribune . I'll be revealing more about Tom Page's Dylan s...
All told, I don't think you'll find a more interesting combination of legislative races than in the new District 5 in northern Min...
Two weeks ago, the highway sign for the Grand Rapids, Minnesota, Unitarian Universalist Chapel on Highway 169 broke. Two weeks later, this i...
Bob Dylan's northern Minnesota heritage is in no doubt , but invariably there are squabbles over who really gets to claim Dylan. He w...
This Lapham's Quarterly graphic clarifies the nine circles of Hell as depicted in Dante's Inferno. ("Abandon All Hope, You W...
- Just say Drano
- In honor of a noble life 'Shooting the Rapids'
- Some welcome independent problem-solving for MN co...
- Bob gets bling for being Bob
- Zup's re-opens, a grocery phoenix from the ashes
- Prostitution scandal knocks newspaper group manage...
- Bob Dylan receives Medal of Freedom today
- COLUMN: New book helps close old cultural gap
- On the Air: Remembering as we go
- I talk northern Minnesota mining politics on MPR
- Before the Iron Range, there was iron Waynesboro
- 'Mining Truth' expands nonferrous debate to econom...
- Dylan Days 2012 begins in Bob's hometown
- Meyer files for DFL primary in House 6B seat
- The untold perils of media consolidation
- A week of Bob Dylan celebration in northern Minnes...
- COLUMN: Hill of Three Waters
- No DFL endorsement for Rukavina seat, primary awai...
- DFLers Saxhaug, Persell, Anzelc endorsed in Cohass...
- U.S. Postal Service spares Duluth processing cente...
- Meantime, Ely escapes raging fire
- Brown on the Air: GEOCACHING!
- Controversy nets Minnesota Zoo dolphins
- Labor organizer Metsa to seek Rukavina seat
- Janatopoulos first to announce run for Rukavina se...
- A busy week of Iron Range politics
- COLUMN: Sticking to the planner
- Cravaack plans "major announcement" 5:30 p.m. Satu...
- Rukavina retires, marking end of an Iron Range era...
- Brown on the Air: GRANDMOTHERS!
- Anzelc IRRRB daylight provision to become law
- Minnesota Power to reduce more emissions at Boswel...
- 'Defiant' Duluth music scene gets its due
- A jazzy start to Mother's Day (fishing) weekend
- Fear and wolving in Minnesota
- COLUMN: We don't get it; any of it
- Nolan cruises to MN-8 DFL endorsement
- Big ship marks big weekend in Duluth
- Greeting car'd
- MN-8 DFL convention to reboot hot race
- Range Shrine Circus opens today in Hibbing
- Brown on the Air: I DON'T GET ...
- "These boys are a hit"
- Talking rural transportation on live MPR blog
- Riding the rural urban frontier up north
- ▼ May (45)
- ► 2011 (527)
- ► 2010 (389)
- ► 2009 (649)
- ► 2008 (950)
READ MY BOOK: OVERBURDEN
"Overburden: Modern Life on the Iron Range," uses humor and history to explore the unique region surrounding Minnesota's Iron Range. Read the reviews and learn more about this winner of the Northeastern Minnesota Book Award. Find it at your local bookstore or order a copy online at Amazon or Barnes and Noble.