Wednesday, January 16, 2013 By Aaron Brown
TOP RECENT POSTS
UPDATE: The Duluth News Tribune confirms the report , interviewing new owner Jessica Antonovich and chef Patrick Berg. Berg was mentored b...
This is my Sunday column for the May 19, 2013 edition of the Hibbing Daily Tribune . I'll be revealing more about Tom Page's Dylan s...
All told, I don't think you'll find a more interesting combination of legislative races than in the new District 5 in northern Min...
Two weeks ago, the highway sign for the Grand Rapids, Minnesota, Unitarian Universalist Chapel on Highway 169 broke. Two weeks later, this i...
Bob Dylan's northern Minnesota heritage is in no doubt , but invariably there are squabbles over who really gets to claim Dylan. He w...
This Lapham's Quarterly graphic clarifies the nine circles of Hell as depicted in Dante's Inferno. ("Abandon All Hope, You W...
- Returning to the scene of my first login
- Oberstar mentioned for Obama cabinet position
- And Bingo was its name-o, ashes to ashes, Amen
- You can never go home again
- North Dakota oil boom may soon reach Duluth port
- Rukavina to work for Nolan's office
- Mining jobs, jobs, jobs in the news, news, news
- Thar she syncs: Accepting my e-fate
- Trampled by Turtles $5 album downloads at Amazon
- To the seas of the air; on pride, e-readers and 'M...
- Last laker of the season arrives in Port of Duluth...
- Fire on second floor of Sportsmen's building in Hi...
- Looking inside the odd world of North Korea
- The crushing cost of college on today's students
- Inauguration stage graphic shows Minnesota stoicis...
- President Obama writes to Ely; ice fishing invite ...
- Celebrating the meaning of 'the mountaintop' on th...
- Inauguration Day is (was) here!
- The complicated emotional baggage of admitting it'...
- Brown on the Air: Talking Northern MN politics thi...
- COLUMN: The broadband crossroads
- NY Times highlights Sax-Zim bog in recent story
- Trampled by Turtles to mark 10th anniversary with ...
- EPA issues plan for taconite industry to cut haze
- Trampled by Turtles go shells to the wall on Conan...
- Now we know what happened to the toilet garden in ...
- Grand Rapids readies for Hockey Day showdowns
- The economics of taconite and melting ice
- Leading by Skype? Not at public meetings, says att...
- Trampled by Turtles to perform on Conan Wednesday ...
- Minnesota blogger's family needs help
- COLUMN: The least stressed among us
- Rain, ice, elevated panic abound up north today
- Iron Range Rep. Tom Anzelc fights cancer
- Iris Kolodji and friends to play two shows on the ...
- New Minnesota legislature about to convene (LIVE)
- Legacy Fund delivers $700,000 to Mesabi Trail
- Duluth mayor Don Ness does Gangnam Style
- Local News: The Musical
- Nolan appears on "Face the Nation"
- COLUMN: The Oracle is keen on 2013
- A great loss in Minnesota journalism
- Minnesota DNR to investigate moose population loss...
- After Newtown: fast response in Grand Rapids, MN
- Downton Abbey in Downtown Duluth
- Twin Cities public TV sends in the Turtles to debu...
- Our century, the teenager
- BREAKING: Squash named Duluth vegetable of the yea...
- Really old pipe breaks, snarls downtown Duluth
- Dylan Days readies for 2013, calls for writers
- ▼ January (50)
- ► 2012 (531)
- ► 2011 (527)
- ► 2010 (389)
- ► 2009 (649)
- ► 2008 (950)
READ MY BOOK: OVERBURDEN
"Overburden: Modern Life on the Iron Range," uses humor and history to explore the unique region surrounding Minnesota's Iron Range. Read the reviews and learn more about this winner of the Northeastern Minnesota Book Award. Find it at your local bookstore or order a copy online at Amazon or Barnes and Noble.