Monday, February 11, 2013 By Aaron Brown
TOP RECENT POSTS
All told, I don't think you'll find a more interesting combination of legislative races than in the new District 5 in northern Min...
Earlier I reported that Minnesota Secretary of State Mark Ritchie (DFL) would not seek re-election in 2014 . I speculated that because this ...
News just broke that Bob Dylan will return to his birthplace of Duluth to play at Bayfront Festival Park on July 9. WDIO reports : An an...
This Lapham's Quarterly graphic clarifies the nine circles of Hell as depicted in Dante's Inferno. ("Abandon All Hope, You W...
A few weeks ago I wrote about " Axe Giant: The Wrath of Paul Bunyan ." I found the concept of a Paul Bunyan horror film to be q...
The Henry B. Smith, from YooperSteez.com If you missed it, Andrew Krueger at the Duluth News Tribune had a fascinating Sunday feature ...
- Range town thinks spring with 'Green Envy'
- Still time to enter poems, stories in Dylan Days c...
- Freshman MN state rep seeks 1st grade class presid...
- Lyric Center celebrates 'Range of the Arts'
- By water and land; perils of a man-made landscape
- The cancer of low expecations
- A casual defense of the 'Harlem Shake'
- ‘Prairie Silence’ rings true across flatlands, woo...
- Duluth mayor gives big speech from nasty snowbank
- Skol Uncouth Norsemen!
- Breaking the mold of northern Minnesota media
- Even great state of Mesabi can't save Electoral Co...
- Minnesota DFLers push Oberstar for SecTrans
- A very mining-y baby announcement
- Here comes the Bakk-mobile
- DEED commish talks Dayton budget tonight in Grand ...
- Range student tells MPR about life with Asperger's...
- The quiet weight of Prairie Silence
- 'Lincoln': An ode to gradual change
- Snowmobiles, art and poetry, a true Range blend
- Gadzo talks Iron Range potica on Twin Cities TV
- Hobo Nephews, Mary Bue headline Bagley 'Great Nort...
- Lookin' for bog birds blowin' in the wind
- Newspaper group to close Hibbing printing plant
- A free book and a story for Presidents' Day
- Essar names buyer for pellets at new taconite plan...
- "36 maps that explain the entire world"
- Romancing the Range
- Business North to buy Scenic Range News Forum
- New IRRRB rules could change board composition
- UMD students declared hottest in the nation
- Duluth is a one-mermaid town
- Moose hunting done in MN until population recovers...
- UMD study predicts impact of mining projects
- The Saturday Evening Post is so screwed right now
- The mystery and masks of the Iron Range
- Extracting hard truth from rocks of mining debate
- Richard III found under parking lot; Paul Harvey f...
- The iron ore space race
- And so wily propsectors shall battle the Fightin' ...
- Minnesota Power to convert major Range plant from ...
- Upon the fall of 'this magnificant creation'
- On encouragement, hurtling space rocks, robots, mi...
- ▼ February (43)
- ► 2012 (531)
- ► 2011 (527)
- ► 2010 (389)
- ► 2009 (649)
- ► 2008 (950)
READ MY BOOK: OVERBURDEN
"Overburden: Modern Life on the Iron Range," uses humor and history to explore the unique region surrounding Minnesota's Iron Range. Read the reviews and learn more about this winner of the Northeastern Minnesota Book Award. Find it at your local bookstore or order a copy online at Amazon or Barnes and Noble.